Lately I have been making Easter Egg Wreaths. I got the idea when I was shopping at Walmart and saw a cheap Styrofoam Egg Wreath for .97 cents. So I bought some supplies and made mine. They are easy to make and cheap also. I’ve made 3 for under six dollars. I still have plenty of supplies left to make more. I had a few accidents with the glue gun but I think it was worth it. Let me know what you think!!!
Supplies you will need:
1. A vine wreath or you could make one out of card board ($1.00 at Dollar Tree)
2. Plastic Easter Eggs (.50 a bag at Walmart, had 18 eggs in it)
Choose whatever theme you want, you could get sport eggs and make a sport wreath!!
I wanted to do a pastel and polka dot theme but they were sold out of polka dot eggs!
3. A hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks ($6.97 at Walmart and the sticks are $4)
4. Easter grass ($1.97 at Walmart or $1.00 at Walmart)
5. Small Glitter Eggs ($1.00 at Dollar Tree for 12 eggs)
These are not necessary, but I think it makes it look cuter. You could do something different to add that extra bit of pizzazz! If you’re making it for someone else, you could incorporate their favorite things.
6. Some kind of string if you want to hang it up, although string isn’t necessary.
1. Take the eggs and lay them out. Choose a pattern.
2. Start gluing the eggs on the wreath. Hold it in place until you think it’s stuck on there pretty good. Once you glue the first egg,put glue on the side where the next egg will be and on the vine wreath, so that the plastic eggs will be stuck on there good. Be sure to alternate the direction of the eggs.
3. Now take you grass and glue it wherever you can see the wreath. Take some scissors and trim the grass down so it will look neat.
4. For the second layer of eggs, glue the eggs at an angle and pointing on the inside of the wreath.
5. Add some more grass wherever you think it would look nice. I added mine to the part of the crack where the eggs touched. Before gluing, place the grass on it and see if you like it. Trim again
6. This part is optional, take your glittery egg or other decoration and glue it to the spots that you like. I cut the ribbon on my glittery eggs and pushed the string thru one of the holes in the egg, I added to glitter egg decorations to it.